Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Time to Spank Partizan

Hello Gooners...I apologize for this late post, but if you have been following me on Twitter (@gunneraddik), you know that I have had internet issues at home.  But how, do you ask, can you post on Twitter?  This is a good question.  I use my phone for Twitter.  Writing a blogpost via smartphone would be time consuming and painful.  Massive thumb cramping don'tcha know.

So what's been happening? Hours after I posted my last blog, it was reported that Koz has miraculously healed from his concussion and is playing in today's Champions League match.  Ironically, it's Djourou that has a slight niggle (thigh pull) that will keep him out tonight.  Arsene stated he could play DJ but did not want to aggravate the injury.  I'm guessing the Ivorian born Swiss will be picked for the Manchester United game on Monday.  He'd be my first choice.  Well, VERMIE would be my first choice.  But you know what I mean.

You know who else would be my first choice?  The medical squad.  Not.  These medics have stated firstly that Eboue would be out 4 - 6 weeks with a knee ligament injury.  He appeared for the next match.  And now Koscielny?  He was supposed to be out three weeks with a concussion.  He's playing after (counting on fingers) four days?  Is Wenger misleading the press so blatantly over injuries?  I don't think so.  Those two players aren't really worth lying over.  I have to say, as a fan, I'm, embarrassed about those misdiagnoses.  It looks as though our players are fakers (I know...it was Eboue after all).  If anyone who has contacts with the medics at Arsenal, could you get the 411 and pass it along?  I'm incredibly curious.

Other injury news is that Cesc is saying he will not risk his hamstring at the Manure match unless he's 100% fit.

“I’d like to be fit for the Manchester United game but we’ll see,” Fabregas told the Official Matchday Programme. “I’ll only be there if my hamstring is completely fine, because I don’t want to go up there and see it recur.  “With regard to my comeback we’ll have to wait a little longer before we know anything.  “I’ve been outside running for a couple of days now and it feels good – the sensations are OK but I haven’t gone at 100 per cent yet. For now we keep working.”

I think that's totally reasonable.  We have not been able to get the best out of our Captain this year because his fitness keeps getting interrupted by injuries.  Heal fully and then come back.  I think we can put up a good fight with the combination of Nasri and Rosicky in ht midfield.  that's a topic for another day, however.

Today is Partizan Belgrade who loss to us at their stadium in September 3 -1 and have lost all the matches they've played so far in this group.  We have a good chance of troucning them today.  We're home, we're desperate coming off of two wins at home, and our returning players are looking to shake that final layer of rusty film off of their form.  I'm thinking specifically of Robin who is starting today for us.    I thought his team play on Starudy when he came on was great and look forward to him hopefully playing behind Chamakh again.  We only got to see 20 minutes or so of that combination against Fulham.  65 or so minutes would be fun to watch I think.

The bottom line is that we need to win today so we don't have to worry about what Braga is doing against Shaktar.  If we don't earn as many points today as Braga...we are out, and that would be a tragedy.  I don't think I'm overstating.  I am not one of those Gooners advocating getting out of Europe so we can focus on the domestic cups.  I have purported that we have enough depth in the squad to compete on all fronts, and I still believe that.

Thtat's about it really.  So with no further ado...onto Partizan and victory at the Emirates..  LETS GO YOU REDS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment, Handsome!