Saturday, May 29, 2010

I've No Respect for Spanish League and Schwarzer Says No Plus Other Stuff


Relative newbie that I am to the footballing world, I made the rookie mistake of admiring the play of Barcelona and Real Madrid while ignoring their tactics at bringing in new players. I'm sorry. Not bringing in new players, but barraging contracted players indirectly through the media until the move is all but expected. And as we all know, Barca can't take a hint. They day after Cesc's interview, Arsenal came out stating that Cesc was not for sale. The day after that, Barcelona stated that they aren't going to break the bank for Cesc. What bank? He's not for sale! They may play pretty football, but they're scoundrels who would pick your pocket if you weren't looking. Jose Mourhni having now been appointed Real Madrid's new manager, has joined in the skulduggery by announcing his interest in Lampard, Gerrard, and Ashley Cole. At least now we're not the only clubs having a tizzy over Spanish League coaches who seem to think they are above the rules.

Other news is that Fulham goalkeeper Schwarzer to whom we have been linked, has stated he is not leaving Fulham for Arsenal. I don't know if the link had any validity, but Schwartzer seems devoted to Fulham. I personally see the move as a promotion for him, but I can certainly admire his loyalty.

Speaking of Fulham, there is now a rumor that we are making a bid for Brede Hangeland the center back I personally backed in my May 8th posting. Okay, so I didn't back him as much as beg us to buy him. Last year when this rumor was posted, Brede came out and stated he was not interested. We haven't heard that yet. Hmmm...

Onto bad news..RVP is injured. Shocking, I know. Bizarre even. Who woulda thunk? He rolled his ankle in training and there is, as of now, no word on how bad it is. He was on quite a streak with his goal scoring, so hopefully this is not too bad a turn for him. Luckily, the Dutch medics are taking care of the situation. I know that fact is making us all feel better, 'eh?

For a change of pace, a player has stated that Arsenal has made a move for him. According to Wigan striker Hugo Rodellego, Arsenal has made a bid for him. Both times we have played Wigan this year, I wasn't overly impressed. Plus, us signing another striker after Chamakh seems doubtful to me.

Just as a side note, the USA beat Turkey today 2-1 with Landon Donovon and Clint Dempsey scoring. Here is the video of Clint's game winner. I might have to keep an eye on this guy.



Until tomorrow when I finally am posting the results of my Club Fitness Exam. Curious? Tune in then Gooners...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment, Handsome!