Saturday, May 15, 2010

Help! It's the First Weekend Without Proper Football...Oops - Fire Tie Against Kansas City...and Still No Denial From Fabregas

Here we go. Into the season of no EPL. Sure I have the MLS, but if you have been reading this blog, you know that comparing the two, for me, is like comparing apples and oranges. Or grapefruits to grapes. Or watermelons to those tiny kumquat thingies. Anyway - you get the idea.

The Fire came away with a draw against Kansas City with Brian McBride and Julio Martinez scoring for the Windy City. No, I did not get to watch as it was on Fox Soccer Channel which I do not get. I did some reading though and found that we were winning 2-0 in the and allowed them back in the game in the 50th minute. Then we held them 2-1 until the 88th minute when KC equalized. Sound familiar to anyone?

Onto news about Cesc...there is none. In other words, Cesc has still not made a statement to deny the quotes. I was hoping I was wrong about my gut reaction. Part of those quotes look piecemealed together as if some old ones were randomly picked out from past interviews and thrown together into the rumor blender and set to puree. Yes, I'm hungry. Too much tak about fruit. There won't be any official news tomorrow either as it's Sunday and the Arsenal site rarely posts anything new on that day.

More transfer rumors. Apparently we are (once again - as with almost every year) linked with a move for Everton's Phil Jagielka.. If this rumor has any validity I say don't get your hopes up. We know that Moyes does not like to let go of his players. Look at that mess at the beginning of the season with Lescott and Manchester City. Jagielka has just returned (in February) after being out for almost a year with a knee injury so there's a bit of rustiness he would have to work off. One of his good qualities is that he is versatile and can play either full back or the defensive midfielder role (African Nations Cup backup?). But, he's only 5"11' and I was hoping for a bigger, brawnier center back to partner Vermie. Of course, Untied are supposedly interested in Phil too which means we will be up against deep (in debt ) purses. I'm not holding my breath.

It's a pretty short blog today. I'm still trying to find a fresh approach to wrapping up the season but fear I've waited too long and whatever I do will end up being some form of replication of some other blogger. So until the creative Muses pay me a pretty visit, live and love like a Gooner. Time to fire up that blender...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment, Handsome!