Monday, May 17, 2010

Finally - My Finale is Finished!

Okay - well after much mulling over possible topics and not wanting to be a copycat, I have decided to highlight the 2009-2010 season via video. Some other bloggers have used video, but hopefully I have put a different spin on it for you all. Let me know what you think by commenting or checking one of those little boxes at the bottom.

First up: Most Inspiring Moment How can we forget our Captain's cameo in the Aston Villa game? Coming off the bench in the 56th minute half-healed and returning to it re-injured after scoring two goals. Here was his heart for Arsenal truly showing. We're all praying that heart, plus the rest of him, is back next season.


I apologize for only being able to show you his second goal. Technical difficulties.

Then we have what I refer to as the Turning Point of the Season. Robin Van Persie's injury. Before that injury we were averaging 3.4 goals per game. After he was out, we averaged a paltry 1.9. So here's the stupid Italian player in the stupid, meaningless friendly, injuring our number one striker:




Arsenal fans will probably all agree that the season's Most Heartbreaking Moment was when Aaron Ramsey had his leg broken by that crying idiot Shawcross. To see young Aaron break into the starting 11, put pressure on Diaby and Denilson for their starting spots was fun to watch. Watching him get maimed made me cry. Here's the video. I understand if you don't want to see this again. Here's hoping he's back soon...




All right, things have gotten a little dark here. So time to lighten them up. I picked My Favorite FanZone Moment. For those of you Stateside who don't know FanZone, it's a program that allows fans of the two teams playing each other to give the play-by-play of the match. I didn't know about the program until I tripped across it while perusing YouTube. After watching several clips, here is the episode from the 6-2 beating we gave Blackburn. I think it's hysterical.




Of course we have to include some of the biggest mistakes we made too. Just when we were making progress toward the top two, when we couldn't afford to give up three points, along came the Birmingham City match and Almunia's Own Goal

:

I feel bad that Almunia has been singled out. Let's not forget Fumbling's Contributions to our opponents. I think the Wigan game is where our title challenge went swooshing down the drain.



I know, I know. There was much weeping and gnashing of teeth while watching that, wasn't there. After those God-Awful highlights I thought I'd follow it with my pick of the Most Robust Arsenal Performance . No, it's not a tackle. It's a fight - a tussle. The only one in the whole season. It was, of course, against those dirty, talentless,recently relegated, cheating Tigers of Hull. After not getting called for their cheap and dangerous tackles and constant shirt pulling, Sami finally had enough and gave a sly,albeit weak tap-like, kick to Garcia who grabbed his foot as if it had been rolled over by a Mac Truck. What a baby. I also enjoyed seeing Silvestre in the fray as he is the first to get in the face of the Hull players. In my opinion, we needed more of that this season especially against teams who like to "get up" us. Enjoy.

P.S. - the background music contains some vulgar language you may want to mute. Sorry about that as this is the best clip I could find.




And in an attempt to save the best for last we have the Signing of the Season.. Of course there was only one signing this year but he was a beautiful one at that. Of course he is also my favorite player, so here is a homage to Thomas Vermaelan's rookie year in the EPL. May he stay a long time.




Whew! That's all for now. I know this post had its highs and lows, just like the season. At the end of next year, I hope to have all positive clips. Especially one of us holding up the EPL title trophy. Thanks for watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment, Handsome!