Monday, May 3, 2010

Blackburn Preview/The Walrus Speaks/and..Don't Get Your Hopes Up About a Goalie


Okay..playing the Rovers today at a weird time (noon EST) right smack dab in the middle of my work day ...and Jeane's which makes watching it difficult as she has the cable package. Anyway...playing against Blackburn, it's crucial we get at least a draw so a point puts us safely in third as both Man City and Spuds won this weekend. Ahead of the game, the talking Walrus had this to say about his "tactics" when playing against Wenger:

"As an opposing manager, Arsene Wenger came out and criticised what we did. You just smile and say: 'I've managed to outwit you again. My tactics have been better on the day than yours have." Click here for the rest of the article

Tactics? You mean blindly going into tackles? That's a tactic? Intentionally fouling at yellow and red card level to interrupt passes? Tactics? Sounds like brawn versus brains...and talent...and integrity...and class. But what can you expect from a talking zoo animal? Still, the game will not be easy as Blackburn is in 11th placed and has done well against the top teams while playing at home. Let's hope we score and finish them off right away!!!. Any casualness on our part will result in a (cross fingers and dash salt over left shoulder at this point) a possible Wiganish loss. Bleck!

Okay onto other matters - mostly my wasted time. I spent three days researching my goalie article (hope my five readers liked it) and now Wenger is quoted as saying the goalie position is not necessarily on his shopping list. He also backs Fabianski in this article as well. What? After all my research, errm, I mean after all the errors made by our two goalies this season? I am hoping Le Boss is just being diplomatic as there are two important games left in the season and Fumbling is probably going to be in between the sticks for both. Saying he's looking at goalies could crush the already deflated Pole, so I'm hoping Wenger is just being psychologically cautious in his statements. I am still hoping for Mr. Hart - which is why I put his pic in the post. Wonder if he has dimples?

Okay then, I am off to follow the live commentary on the web for the game. I'll post tomorrow with results, news, and update on the MLS. I know, I know, I keep forgetting that. I did read a nice background article on one of the Fire players and thought I'd use that as a jumping off point tomorrow. Stay tuned and Go You GOOONNERS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment, Handsome!