Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Cesc Speaks...Finally

I wish I could say it's good to be back. Don't get me wrong, I have missed the outlet that blogging gives, I just wish I had better news. Like Laporta was removed foricbly from offce by Spanish fans who realized his manipulations of class players and clubs (such as Cesc and Arsenal)make them all look like prickish, cheating jackasses. No such luck. What we do have, however, is Cesc finally responding to all the media allegations and rumors in an interview. The interview is below if you want to look. Personally, I think Cesc looks strained, and a little sad. In a nutshell, he says he is focusing on the World Cup as Wenger assured him he would handle things and to focus on his football.

object width="600" height="350">

Speaking of strained, and I know this is late news for many of you, but Wenger looked horrible in his pictures with Chamakh and in the interview about his signing. When Wenger is excited about a new player, it shows. Here he just looks old and serious as he discusses Maroune's best footballing attributes. Plus, that color shirt he's wearing totally washes him out. Ugh!

Back to Cesc, yesterday his dear old dad was also quoted in the papers as saying:

"Arsenal have to respect the decision and the will of the player. Cesc is now focused on the Spanish team but he wants to close the signing soon. I get the feeling that the English club do not want to sell but in the end will finally give in and let Cesc go. We just want this to end soon."

Arsenal have to respect the will of the player? Really? Don't get me wrong, Senor Fabregas is missing his son and wants him home and I can understand that. Doesn't he know his son won't be loved as fiercely anywhere else? Not even in Spain? I do not hesitate to say this. And, Cesc has a stinking long contract! Doesn't that mean anything? We are supposedly asking 80 million pounds (wish I had a proper pounds sign on this laptop) which is mostly due (if true) to the length that's left on that contract. Barca is starting at 30 million? Where's Barca's respect? They haven't respected the club since Cesc slipped away to England. How many summers have they tortured us fans, Cesc, and the club with rumors of Cesc coming back and with the media innuendos that Barca is his true home? His true family - the "it's in his DNA" garbage. They make me sick. Arsenal legend and former teammate Bobby Pires
doesn't think Cesc will leave and Hleb advises him not to transfer. Quite frankly, I can't see this ending well for us. If we keep Cesc for one more season, I worry about the fans' reactions. What happens when Cesc scores and kisses his badge? A riot I reckon. It's not right that a underhanded club like Barcelona can play so dirty and win. I just don't know. It's such a mess.

On other fronts, for those of us over here in the States that don't have access to prize dish or cable packages, I have included the Nike World Cup Ad for you all to see. I think it's pretty fun. Also, if you get a chance, check out the May 24th issue of "Sports Illustrated" as it covers "The Beautiful Game". There are articles on Drogba, Brazil, and the US's - and Fulham's - Clint Dempsey. Apparently Dempsey grew up playing more street ball than organized ball which has allowed him to be a more intuitive player. Maybe that's what's missing from the MLS - that creative instinct. It does look a bit cardboardish at times.



Anyway, that's all for now. I'm on vacation the rest of the week and look forward to catching up on my blogging. You all take care and keep your fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment, Handsome!