Monday, August 2, 2010

Tired Legs Win the Emirates Cup/Chicago Wins 3-2 Over Galaxy with Freddie


So we win the Emirates Cup again and have Almunia as Captain lifting the trophy? No, no, no! Vermie went off in the second half so we could see the DJ and Koz combination, so I guess Almunia was the second choice for Captain, but that just rubbed me the wrong way.

Blech.

The game was fun to watch, which is what an invitational really is for, I guess. I mean, how often do we get so see Sagna running around with his tongue hanging out celebrating a goal? Priceless. I'm still not putting to much stock into regarding the rest of the season. Wilshere and Frimpong do deserve a shot this year, though. And we really need more back up at CB and Goalie. But I'm not saying anything you all haven't said a million times over. And Wenger states we're still in the hunt for both, but being the wily Frenchman that he is, won't give us a hint so as not to raise the price of said player.

Journalist -"Are you still looking at signing anyone before the window closes?"
Wenger - "Yes, but we are not close to a deal yet. We are still looking at buying one or two players."
Jounralist - "Who would those be?"
Wenger -"I do not want to say as ze price will zoom through ze ceiling then"
Journalist - "Hmmm...can you give us a hint, then? Nationality perhaps?"
Wenger - "No, I zink zat would be too much. Ummm...How about this? His first initial is third in the alphabet."
Journalist - "You're looking at signing someone whose name starts with a C? Wait - first or last name?"
Wenger - "I'm not telling. Ze better question is...which alphabet?"


Anyway, the point is, it's a wait and see type of thing - as it is every year.

As a final Arsenal note - I have a bone to pick with the official website. After all the Cesc crappola that has been going on all summer, I was ecstatic to see Cesc running with the rest of the squad in the picture on today's site (see above photo). The headline was "Watch Live Video of Arsenal training session". This isn't our first video of summer training. And the videos have been presented with the picture accurately depicting the workout. I saw Cesc and thought "He's come to his senses. He's smiling as he's working out with his teammates. He must have come back from his vacation earlier than expected." I can't describe to you the sigh of relief that escaped me...until I realized the photo was from Membership Day 2009. I'd say that was a cruel trick. Not happy. Am I the only one who fell for it?

Onto Chicago...they beat the Galaxy 3-2 with Freddie coming on in the 58th minute. I didn't get to watch the match as there was a change in mine and Jeane's plans, but from what I read, Freddie didn't make much of an impact. It's his first game. I'm not that worried - just pumped to see him and Henry on the 8th (only 5 more shopping days kids!).

That's all for now. Reminder that our last preseason match is against Legia Warsaw on the 7th. Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment, Handsome!