Saturday, October 23, 2010

Rooney's Seduction, Color Schemes, and the Manchester City Preview

No, I'm not discussing hookers here, so if that's what you put in your Google search, move on.  I'm talking of course about Rooney's threatening to leave United.  Here's his opening press statement:

"I met with David Gill last week and he did not give me any of the assurances I was seeking about the future squad. I then told him that I would not be signing a new contract."

Now mind you, Manure has gone only one season without winning any silverware.  One season.  It took Cesc five trophy-less seasons and a tug to his heart to go home to make him consider leaving Arsenal. Even in the midst of that summer saga, Cesc showed his love for us by dedicating his World Cup win to Arsenal fans.

And how did Fergie persuade Wayne to stay?  One would think they would have offered him a raise at some point.  I think this is what ultimately sealed the deal.  The final part of the seduction was the Glazers pledging to give Fergie $100 million pounds for the transfer market. 

Rooney said: "I'm signing a new deal in the absolute belief that the management, coaching staff, board and owners are totally committed to making sure United maintains its proud winning history."

So, even with the Glazers in debt and Manchester United not being in a sound financial position, somehow they are going to find that kind of money.   I think Rooney's pressure has added more crumbling to an already rickety funding foundation at Old Trafford.  Well done Roo...I'm not even going to go into comparing that financial situation to Arsenal's as the differences are obvious to anyone who follows Premier League soccer.  All I will say is that I've never been prouder to be a Gooner.

Okay, onto much more important things:  the colors schemes of my blog.  You didn't think I meant Arsenal did you?  Just because this is an Arsenal blog site?  I have to keep you on your toes.  It's my duty as a writer.  A writer who became bored with the okra theme on Blogspot even though it was very pretty.  It lacked that "ooomph" that a sports site should have.  So I added some Arsenal colors (see this is about soccer).  I had the blue background with the red post and white text.  After a few days I thought "That really...hurts my eyes".  So, I changed it to red back ground with white posts and red lettering and...it looked like pink stomach/diarrhea medicine.   And Arsenal is definitely not represented by Pink.  So then I said "forget it", and made the background white, etc...I'm bored just writing this.  Are you still there?  My question is, as my readers...which color combination did you like the best?  Answer the poll and by the end of the week, the color scheme with the most votes will be my permanent theme.  It really is bothering me so I would appreciate your help.

Okay, now onto to really important things.  We must, we must, we must beat Manchester City tomorrow.  It not only will put is in second place above them (due to our GD).  It will give us a feeling of closure as a win will allow us to put Adebayor chronicle behind us, and it will add to the momentum I can feel us building.  A lot of that will depend on how well our center halves corral the lone striker that they usually deploy and on how efficient our own attacks are.  I think with the Mancs defense and their usually crowded midfield, those chances will be few, so efficiency is key.  Against Shakhtar we had a 71% rate (goals made/shots taken) and we will need to be that clinical tomorrow.  Yaya is no longer listed on physio.com as injured, but Kolo is still there.  Balotelli is listed as returning the 27th, but Mancini says he may be on the bench Sunday.  They may need to give Tevez a rest so Adebayor may play in that lone striker position.  They definitely still have some teeth in them, but here's hoping some of that bite is a bit rusty.

For us, I think Diaby will play in Jack's stead and Cesc, Nasri, and Arshavin will be there as well.  I also am predicting that Wenger starts Theo as a means to break down the Manc's crowded midfield.  And I know we have been impatient with Arshavin due to what looks like laziness on the pitch at times.  But I have a feeling after being "rested" against Shakhtar, he's due for some real genius-like moments.  All in all, I think it will make for a tense game with the team making the least mistakes going ahead.  I am more optimistic about winning against these guys than I have been for a couple of seasons.  I just have a feeling...

I guess that's it for now.  If you're reading this post on Oleole, you're probably not interested in the look of my Blogger site.  If you're reading this on Blogger, thanks for voting and GO. YOU. REEEEEDDDDSSS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment, Handsome!