Monday, March 22, 2010

Feeling a bit nostalgic...


Why show the mullet? You are probably thinking it is cruel of me to dredge up this early photo of Cesc. This was his first year with us. I decided to post it so you yourself can appreciate the growth of this 17 year old boy into the 22 year old man from yesterday's blog. One of the pleasures of Arsene's youth policy for us fans is that we literally get to see adolescent youth grow into confident, strong, captaining-the-side young men. Look how cute he was! Also, the mystery of the beard was uncovered this morning and revealed by the wearer himself So glad there is indeed a reason! Hopefully the infection has cleared up and Cesc acquaints himself with a razor. Although, we love him so much, he could probably play in a tu-tu and no one would mind!

Other news today. Hamlet has decided to appeal and chance the rub. There has been much talk about a one game suspension. If that indeed is the case, why appeal and risk adding on the number of games suspended? I still have not found a reliable source for the one game suspension theory. If you have a reliable source, please let me know by using the comment section. Either way, The Professor must think the risk is worth it. The FA states they will rule on the appeal on Tuesday.

What else? As you can see in the title, I am feeling a bit nostalgic today, apparently so is Henry.

"It will be weird for me to step on the pitch, even if it's at the Emirates and not Highbury, with another shirt on."
When asked if he would celebrate a goal, he added: "Forget about it. No. I do not want to play against Arsenal, simple as that.
"The bond that I have with the Arsenal fans I will never get anywhere else. Because I don't think I will ever play for another team for that long.


I began following the Gunners the season prior to the year of the Invincibles. I did not get to witness his development from a winger to a striker but was fortunate enough to see many beautiful goals from him. Compilations galore of his goals are available all over the web, but I have never been able to find my favorite memory of him, as it did not end with him scoring. It was in the Champions League final against Barcelona in '06. He was racing up the left sideline like lightening with the ball at his feet, leaping over two different tackles, and keeping the ball under control. How did he do that? So graceful. Mesmerizing. Does anyone else remember that? Ti-ti, it will be weird to see you at the Emirates in another team's uniform too.

I guess that's it. Rumors abound about Van Persie's return, but I am not holding my breath. Even if he does return, he will have to go through the rustiness and variety of niggly injuries that plague so many players when they return from long term injury. Don't get me wrong, playing time will only help him, but it will help him get ready for next season - not this one.

Okay, as I said before, feel free to click on the "Comments" box below if you have something to say. Thanks for listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment, Handsome!