Sunday, March 21, 2010

Race to the Wire


Click here for Highlights of Westham game

Seven games. Count 'em. Seven. That's all that's left in the ELP season. Unfortunately, Liverpool did not help us out like I had hoped. I'll never sacrifice a live chicken again. At least Chelski continued their poor run and followed their Champions League exit with a draw against Blackburn. I did not see the match but understand that Diouf - the dirtiest player at Blackburn and quite ugly to boot - scored the equalizer. I don't have to kill a chicken for him do I?

Anyway, we are currently sitting in second place above Chelsea who are playing their game-in-hand this coming Wednesday against a really tough team. Oh, no. I forgot. It's Portsmouth. Still, the Pompey are fighting (a losing battle) against relegation. And we all know those teams can be dangerous. If Portsmouth can't hold 'em to a draw or beat them, the most we can hope for is low goal scorage. I have this feeling that this title race could come down to the GD column. At least Manure only gained one point this week in that category. Still, if Burnley can beat Man U., Portsmouth can cause problems. The key for us is to not only win, win, win...but to win BIG. Clean sheets, lots of goals. Of course, later down the road, we have Man U and Chelsea playing each other. I can't even think about that yet. I get all a flutter.

Good news by the way. It's unofficial of course, but the "word on the street" is that Vermie is likely to only get a one match suspension because there was no violent conduct during the play. I am waiting for the Arsenal official site to post the decision. Okay, only one more Arsenal mention and that is...could someone get a message to Cesc that he needs to shave? Jeane and I definitely like his clean shaven look. Maybe he grew that while out injured. If he doesn't want to shave it all the way, maybe just clean it up in the neck area. We donna like it.

The MLS. Major League Soccer in America. I'm an American and consider it my duty to at least give the MLS a good look over. The season is kicking off this month, and because of geography, I have chosen to follow and root for the Chicago Fire. I've done a little research. Looks like they were 11 and 7 last year with somewhat low attendance and did not make it far into the final. I looked at their roster, and I have to admit, I did not recognize one single name. I guess I really didn't expect to. Their first game is March 27th and they play in New York against the Red Bulls in their new stadium. I'm nervous that the game is going to look a bit clunky compared to anything in Europe, but I think I need to give it a chance and promise to follow the whole season. I almost decided to root for the Seattle Sounders as they have former Arsenal winger Freddie Llundberg (Jeane's dreamboat) but thought I should stay close to home. For you other Freddie lovers, here is the link to his own blog:

That's all for now except for a big "Thank You" to my brother Chris who created my new blog banner. Isn't it gorgeous? Have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment, Handsome!