Thursday, February 10, 2011

No One Injured on International Duty and The Problem with Aliens...

If you could pick one thing about being abducted by extraterrestrials that bugs you the most, what would it be?  Is it the invasive experiments?  The poking and prodding?   The cloning of your body and inserting your double into the family?  These are all tedious of course.  But it was the all-consuming Scrabble tournaments that finally got under my skin.  Aliens are horrible losers...and they cheat like the dickens.  After being gone from my favorite planet for almost three weeks, I was finally returned after catching the corrupt lifeforms slipping each other vowel tiles. I pitched a fit so horrendous, returning me was the only way for them to save galaxic face...or form as they don't really have faces.  You know what I mean.

Good story, 'eh?

Unforutately, what really happened was so much more boring than that - I'll put it into one possibly run-on sentence as that's all it deserves.  My work computer had viruses and was sent off so I had no computer and then I left that job and started a new job where I did not get a laptop to take home so I can only blog when I'm at work on my off-time but then I got really sick with the flu and bronchitis and lost seven pounds but now I'm better and back at it.  Whew.

Told you it was boring.

I'm hoping my brother can get me an old laptop from his work so I don't have to rely on traveling to my part-time job to post.  We'll see.  Now onto some things Arsenal.

Our boys have come back from international duty with -as far as current reports go - no injuries.  Robin and Cesc were both too ill to play for their countries so here's hoping they are healing up okay.  On Twitter, Cesc says he's resting up and feeling better and Robin pretty much says the same, although adds that he's on antibiotics.  (@Persie_Official and @cesc4official).  The state of Djourou's injury has been bandied about - rumors ranged from his landing a cartilage injury to him being able to play this weekend.  The official site has not commented yet on anyone's health or well-being so it's anyone's guess.  I suspect we won't hear anything until Wenger gives his injury report tomorrow during his pre-match interview.

That's all then news for today.  It's short and sweet today...and hopefully amusing.  I'll be back tomorrow with a proper pre-match interview and hope to be tweeting during the match on Saturday.  Hope you are all well out in Gooner-land.  Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment, Handsome!