Monday, April 12, 2010

Manure drops points, Terry proves his (lack of ) character again, and which way will the Lady go?

I can't believe how long it's been since my last posting...five days maybe? I think I've suffered from post-Barcelona Bluesitis. I looked it up. It's a definable illness found on Web-why-are-you-looking-for -a- diagnosis-on-the Internet-MD.com. Anyway, I'm wondering if our team is having as hard a time at finding motivation for Wednesday as I am in writing this blog? No football this weekend did not help this lack of focus, but on the bright side (and I am a silver-lining type of gal), the boys will have had ten days rest before playing our across town rivals.
Tottenham just got themselves knocked out of the FA Cup by (snigger) Portsmouth. Coming off that loss can mean a multitude of different things. They will most likely be tired and either be hanging their heads about the loss, or be motivated by it and the chance to overttake Manchester City for that coveted fourth spot in the EPL table. I really don't care which of these is true. What I care about is that we grind them down with whatever team we have available. Arsene hasn't released anything regarding injuries or players back from injuries (Song, VP????) but he will at tomorrow's press conference. We'll just have to wait, won't we?

Other news...Manure drew with Blackburn (way to go you-obscene-walrus you) and now stand in real danger of losing the title...now if only Chelsea would cooperate. They made it past Aston Villa to the final of the FA Cup (where they will be playing against the Pompey). I am hoping for tired legs again for them as they take on Bolton this Tuesday. By the way, did any of you see John Terry get away with that "tackle" against Milner in the FA Cup game against Aston Villa? His studs were above the knee! A yellow card is a joke. This is the man who captains the England's national team? On no, that's right...he had the captaincy stripped away from him for (ahem) having an affair with his best friend and teammate's girlfriend. This tackle is almost as shameful. Milner, apparently, is going to be okay. But still, have a look...red card anyone? Apparently referee Webb was in a good position but made a bad call. How many people have to come close to being maimed before something is done? If that had been one of our players, multiple fractures would have ensued. I'm sure the video has been posted all over the Web, but just in case you didn't see it, check it out below.
What else? Oh yes, Adebayor has announced his retirement from international football because of the terrorist raid on his team's bus on the way to the African Nation's Cup. Now, I am not an Ade fan. He really disappointed me his last season with Arsenal and incensed me with his display when we played ManC earlier this season(celebrating in front of our fans, stamping on Van Perise's face and Cesc's shin) but I do think he suffered from that raid. He may be an egotistical, money hungry, lazy guy, but holding your dying friend in your arms as bullets richocet all around you? That could change a person...maybe. Of course, he had trouble getting along with Togo coaches anyhow, but still. Let's hope he has his head out of the clouds and feet planted firmly on the ground just because he once played for us and gave us a few moments of joy. You know?
Other news in the world of Arsenal is the fact that Lady Nina is finally selling her shares. The big question is...Who's buying? American Stan Kroenke who has a 29.98% stake in the club, or the big (I mean FAT, by the way) crooked Russian Usmanov who has 26.29% stake. I'd say it's up for grabs. I'm not all that educated in the world of finance and stocks/shares. But I do hope the Lady takes into account Usi's background and alleged criminal affiliations.
I guess that's all for now. I feel as if I have come through my cloud of bluesiness and am looking forward to the trip to White Hart Lane where those football impostors will be met by the only true team in London: The Mighty Arsenal!! Until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment, Handsome!