Friday, April 23, 2010

Man City Preview - We need a Hemi under the Hood and...I Don't Think We're Going to Sign a Keeper!


Okay - the good news first. Song is in the squad. Yes! And that's about all or the good news. Shavy thought he might be back, but Wenger confirmed that he is not fully recovered yet. Eduardo is also in the squad and is recovering from a broken toe? I totally missed that news last week before and after the Wigan game. Of course, I was petulant and pouty for about four days and didn't pay much attention to the football news world, so I might have missed it. How effective can someone be if they are playing with a broken toe? Hmmm.

Of course, many are talking about Adebayor coming to the Emirates. Wenger is calling for the crowd to behave, um, be respectful. Actually, I'm surprised at all the bad feelings that still remain about Cashebayor. Yes, he is an egotistical, lying, manipulating idiot - but he did suffer a trauma en route to the ANC, so maybe he is not all those things anymore. Someone even suggested the club put inflatable machine guns onto the seats. What? Get serious. His attitude is his problem. Let's not make it ours. Ade has scored five goals in three games, so I think that's where our focus should be. Not on his potential or previous antics. He and Tevez plus Bellamy are a force our slapped-together defense is going to have to deal with. Speaking of defense, is Le Boss going to start Silvestre at centre back or put Song there and have Eastman play holding midfielder role? Eastman looks hungry to make an impression and I'll take that over someone with an anemic attitude. We need someone to add energy and drive on the field (hence the Hemi reference) and I think Craig, along with a few others, has that. Plus, Song is able to deal with winning headers better than Silvetre.

Also, guess who is in at goal? That's right. Our very own Fumbling Fabianski. I thought Wenger might give Mannone a try. But he still has belief in this dude. Click on the above link to read his opinion on the Pole. Speaking of Poles...Wenger also spoke about our 20 year old keeper out on loan - Szczesny:

"I believe one day he will be the No 1 at Arsenal certainly. But we will see next season. It is down to his performances. But you want as well some experience at our level. You cannot only go with young goalkeepers."

So what does that mean? We're stuck with Almunia for another year? Wenger was coy when asked about looking at Joe Hart as a possible buy this summer-

"Let's finish the season first," said the manager. "We do not want to go on the transfer market before a big game which we have tomorrow."

If you have been reading my blog diligently, you know that I am an optimist. Let me just say...I have a bad feeling about the outcome of the rest of our matches. Sigh. And that change in my attitude should scare all (five) of you.

I may or may not be able to watch the game live as I have picture day for my nieces' softball team that I'm helping coach. Course, they are predicting a downpour for the whole weekend, so that may be rescheduled and I can speed to Jeane's to watch. I'll have to see. Here's hoping for three points tomorrow. I know all of us are doubtful and anxious, but they're still our boys. Let's Go You Gunners!!! Now, I'm off to learn how to do a proper rain dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment, Handsome!