Wednesday, February 19, 2014

A Visit from the German Juggernauts

Good Morning!  Spring is finally in the air here in Northwest Indiana - at least for a few days anyway - so my spirits are up and ready to take on the Giants from Deutschland in a challenging matchup today at the Emirates.  I think I hear the message "Arsenal beat Bayern" in the actual birdy tweets today.

This will be a very short post indeed as my plate is and has been quite full for the last few days.  But here's what I have to offer:

Arsenal's rested legs will start today along with Flamini who will be filling in for the suspended Arteta.  Assene has saved Rosicky probably for just this occasion as he has experience a plenty, but I bet he is toying with the idea of starting Ox considering how much of an impact he has made since coming back from injury.  It probably depends on what the overall goal/strategy is for today's match.  We really put ourselves in a hole last year with trying to compete with them goal for goal which resulted in them having three away goals.  I suspect that Wenger will play it tight tonight, which means that TR7 has the edge over Ox.

On the left is another conundrum.  Santi was rested, but he is not any more defensively minded than Podolski who scored on the weekend and is our best finisher.  Considering how much the manager seems to disfavor the German, I think Santi will get the start.

On the Bayern side, Ribery is a doubt due to having butt surgery and Schweinsteiger has an ankle issue.  But their bench is deep.  I can assure you that having to play Muller instead is not any kind of hindrance for them.  He's an outstanding player who has not gotten the playing time he is used to.  He will probably have a point to prove.

The game is going to be tough.  I think the atmosphere at the Emirates will hopefully rival that of the Barcelona game which will be just what the players need from the crowd.  Ending up with a result similar to that epic match would be icing on the cake...with sprinkles.

That's all I got.  I told you it was going to be short.  Have a good one Gooners.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment, Handsome!