Friday, July 8, 2011

What Can You Expect?

Oh - I didn't mean what can you expect from Arsenal.  I meant from me.  This is all about me.  I mean, you can pretty much predict how the rest of the month is going to go when it comes to our club.  Something like this:

Weekend of July9th-10th - no movement on the transfer front.  Which isn't a surprise because no real business develops on the weekend.  Did you know it's the 7th agonizing weekend without Arsenal football?  Egads!  Copa America is somewhat interesting, but we all know what we're waiting for.  Oops, I digress.

I meant to talk about me.  Not about next week when we will be getting out of bed early to see if Gervinho has FINALLY completed the paperwork (seriously, what is the holdup mes amies?) and has pictures posted on the official site.  And I don't mean to talk about the Daily Mail getting fans' hopes up about Benzema again, or the Guardian telling us that Nasri is just going to play out his contract and then leave for greener (lush from all the manure dumped on it) pastures - full of cow pies I hope.

Nope.  The purpose of this posting is to alert my five readers that I have come out of my post-season coma and guarantee three articles a week - no matter what.  This guarantee is as solid as Wenger's promise to sign five...erm no.  Four?  Nope.  Right - one or two new players into our squad.  But don't despair...he also pledges that he's going to do all he can to fight to keep Cesc and Nasri.  So, rest assured about getting regular- if somewhat nonsensical -writings from me...

Yep, I'll be as regular as the irritated, sarcastic, and somewhat dire communication I'm reading from fellow Gooners on Twitter.  At least @KeithThe Gooner is good for some eyebrow-raising tweets and chuckles.  The rest of us are seemingly suffering from the same impatient strand of malaise.  I even really TRY and not be edgy.  But, it's five days until our Asian tour and...nothing. 

Oh look...that puts into the third week of July where I will have already written two more posts by the time our squad takes off seemingly without our former Captain and with no (good enough) replacement at left-back.  I wonder how much weight the Arsenal plane can carry?  Doesn't dead weight (and you all know who I mean) weigh more?  Yeesh.  The thought of us playing next season with the same back up on the bench gives me the shivers.  Which is not good.  Because remember.

This is all  about me.  And I'm about ready to ask someone to take me out to the back 40 and put me out of my misery with a shotgun.  But, then I wouldn't be able to post another three excellent writings by the time our pre-season friendly against FC Cologna happens on the 23rd. Do we think by then make-me-want-to-Barfalona will have actually offered to pay Cesc's value?  Actually, I hope that the Daily Express' @MattLawExpress had it right yesterday when he tweeted

"Told guardiola and rosell barely speaking at the mo. Pep v pissed off cesc not signed yet. Not everything is rosey in paradise."
 
If there is any truth to that rumor, the rest of my July would be cake.  Layered cake with strawberry and banana filling in between those layers and strawberry icing on top with sprinkles.  Could I please have the sprinkles?  Pretty please, even?  Remember this very important fact.
 
It's. All. About. Me.
 
I guess that it for now.  I'll be back with more pleadings for pastries, desserts, center backs,and closure in a few days.  Really.  Trust me.
 
Have a good one.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back, hopefully you'll have some real Arsenal news to report on over the next few weeks.
    If it's going to be a cake based blog I would prefer at least some mention of chocolate cake.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a Comment, Handsome!