Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Playing Catch Up

So, I'm gone a week and so much has happened! No it hasn't. One major thing has happened and that's us playing our preseason friendly against Barnet and winning it 4-0. From what I gathered from reading, Shavy looked good, Koz needs to bulk up, Frippong looked like a beast a midfield, and we don't want Jackie boy going out on loan - we want him playing for us.

The rest is same old, same old. Arsenal/Wenger put out a strong statement about not selling Cesc again...and Barca mouthpieces - well, they mouthed off again. One of them even suggested Arsenal show a little class. It almost makes me pity their thick-headedness. But not really. I wonder what would happen to Puyol if all that hair started growing inwards? I think I once had a Barbie doll whose hair did that. Hmmm... Anyway, the only way Barca will shut their yaps is if Cesc comes out and says he's staying. Even then, some folks just like to hear themselves talk.

By now you also probably know that Thierry signed with the NY Red Bulls and is looking forward to playing Tottingham in an EPL season friendly. I have to say I was surprised. When the rumors were swirling around, I also heard he might go to the French League again. To me that made more sense as his son is in Europe. Seeing his son now will be much more difficult, which was why I was so surprised. Anyway, can't wait to see the Fire lose- I mean play- the Red Bulls again (August 8th) so I can root for Titi and Chicago. Hopefully, Chicago will put in a solid performance (we just lost to New England 0-1) so I'm not embarrassed in front of Henry. Anyway, it sounds like he joined a decent club who are in second place in the Eastern conference five points from the leaders. They need a pacy player (and in the MLS, Henry will still look fast), to help fight for the title. He is also going to be playing in a brand new stadium. I might have to look into tickets, actually.

Onto newer stuff: Joe Cole has signed for Liverpool. To be honest, I always liked/feared Cole when he played against us, but didn't know how much playing time he would get with us. I think Liverpool is going to give him more time - and they definitely offered more money. Joe went where the money was which also says where his priority lies.

Our 20 year old keeper Szcsesny (Chesney here), has stated he does not want to go back out on loan and thinks he has earned the right to fight for No. 1 keeper. I have to admit, that put a smile on my face. The boy went out on loan to a League 1 team, did awesome, and now thinks he's ready to compete at the Premier level. That is some confidence and competitiveness there. I like the urgentness and Fabianski/Almunia, out on-the-way? new keeper should watch their backs, but I don't think Wenger's going to put him straight into the fire. I could be wrong,and it should be interesting to see the situation unfold.

The team now is at their 10 day training camp in Austria. They play Sturm Graz tomorrow for another pre-season friendly. RVP has officially switched his jersey number to 10 (more confirmation that Gallas is not re-signing), vuvzeals have been banned from the Emirates (as most EPL clubs will do, I'm sure), and it's only 32 days until the summer lull is over. Until then, I'll keep gobbling up whatever bits of football there are. Have a great day Gooners.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment, Handsome!