Friday, January 17, 2014

Derby Day - Fulham Preview

Add caption

I'm lucky to be typing this post today.  Some of my friends at work and I have started working out and I'm so sore I didn't think I could raise my hands to the keyboard.  Seriously.  Even the tip of my pinkie fingernail hurts as I type.  Ouch. Ouch. Ouch.  Ah, the price of not wanting to look older than my years.

Physical fitness issues aside, there is a game tomorrow to talk about.  Arsene talks of this match as a derby.  I have to admit, I totally forgot that Fulham is located in London.  Every year I forget that.  I'm not sure what the atmosphere will be at the Emirates - if it will replicate that of a derby.  Fulham are currently at the bottom rung of the league - one of their worst positions since I've been watching the Premier League.  We should be able to trounce them, but there is that factor that sometimes comes into play - that of a team that has nothing to lose.  I think the way to guarantee win is to score early and kill them off.  Our problem at Aston Villa was that we started strong, made two goals in quick succession but then took the foot off the pedal in the second half allowing Villa back in the game.  We have to get three points during these next few games before facing stiffer competition in February.

Of course, we will be facing these bottom feeders with a depleted squad.  We have Monreal in doubt with a foot injury, TR7 in doubt unless he's sporting a not-so-stylish mask to protect his nose.  Ramsey and Arteta are still out with their thigh and calf injuries respectfully and probably not be available until after the Coventry game along with Bendtner, Vermalean and Sanogo.

So, who does that leave?  Well, Our back five will be the starters which is reassuring.  Of course, if any of them get hurt during warm ups or the game, then we could have a problem.  Our DM will be Flamini with Jack and Ozil in front of him.  The wings could consist of some combination of PODOLSKI, Santi, Ox, and Serge.  Up top, of course, is our BHF.  Even depleted, this squad is talented enough to give newly appointed manager Rene Meulensteen a taste of the Jol of old.

I'm predicting 3-0. 

That's it for now.  Honestly, I have to head for a hot soak.  Here's to three points and not having to look over our shoulders at our competitions.  We can put the heat on them.

What do you say Arsenal?  Time to turn up the temperature.  Have a good one Gooners.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment, Handsome!